After Your Procedure
- Before you leave the facility, you will be given written instructions for your care after discharge.
- When you return home, follow your doctor’s instructions regarding diet, medications and activity.
- Do not drive a car, drink alcoholic beverages, operate machinery, sign legal documents, or make critical decsions until the morning after your procedure.
- If you have any questions or problems after your procedure, please contact your physician. The contact information will be included in the written discharge instructions you will be provided. If you call the physician after business hours, the answering service pages the physician on call, who will then call you back.
- If any tissue was removed during your procedure, your physician’s office will call you with the results.
- DO NOT PLAN TO DRIVE yourself home or use public transportation after your procedure as this will cause your procedure to be cancelled. Please bring a responsible adult who will drive you home and remain with you for 4-6 hours after your procedure.
The staff were so friendly and willing to answer any question I had. They were courteous and professional, and made sure I was comfortable during the entire procedure.”